All in stock Phancee Yarn is listed in the Etsy shop – check it out by clicking here!
I’m getting back into my routine after a long weekend away and playing catch up yesterday. It’s been an easy day to stay positive, and I’ve found my positive 3 easy today;
- I got to see a bunch of old workmates today. It’s always nice to catch up with everyone and see what they’re getting up to.
- I’ve finished spinning up my latest braid. It got a little thick-and-thin towards the end, but it should even out with plying. All going well, I hope to ply tomorrow.
- We had a morning tea at work today and – while I’d decided to be far better behaved this week – I got my grabby hands on a beautiful (and tasty!) cupcake. It makes me want to bake more.
Now, as the night winds down and I’m about to get ready for bed, I’m working on a few rows of my sadly neglected Flax jumper for a friend’s son.
It’s been a good day.
I could easily sit and dwell on the bad stuff. Marinate in self-pity. Continue to be angry at those that hurt me and hate those that took my ability to choose away. To forgive and forget is easier said than done, but dwelling won’t fix anything.
So here we are at the very core of the idea behind my daily Positive 3; constructive, positive focus…
- I am a highly skilled woman with so many opportunities available to me in life. I should not underestimate myself.
- I did more spinning tonight and I can see that I’ve made so much progress this year. I’ve come from complete and utter novice to beginner! Here’s to becoming a self-declared ‘experienced beginner’ soon!
- I’m excited for my trip to see friends this weekend. A girls weekend is exactly what the doctor ordered 😉
I like the number 21. It’s not only my birthday, but it’s divisible by 3 and by 7 and it’s not an even number. Don’t try and tell me that’s weird – it’s perfectly logical thank you very much.
Today was a busy day at work. Not stressful, frantic busy – just full, working lunch kind of busy. I like those days, though I wish I had actually accomplished more.
This evening has been a crafty one and that makes me pretty happy.
Two of my top 3 points from today are fibre related;
- I’m making great progress on my brother’s beanie. He requested one and needs it for warmth so I’m knitting it with a NZ possum / nylon blend. Very warm, even if the colour blends in seamlessly with my blue/gray couch.
Pattern is my own – it’s just a simple garter rib. I don’t think I’ll release it as a pattern but I’ll have a look on Ravelry and if there isn’t a similar one I might write up a recipe and release it for free…
- I pulled out my electronic spinning wheel (Ashford e-Spinner, if you’re curious) and spun up some of the 100% merino roving I dyed up a little while ago.
I’m very much a novice spinner and the consistency of my singles leaves a lot to be desired, but I think tonight’s efforts went well. They’re also the thinnest I’ve spun to date, so I’m hoping they’ll make a useable fingering/sport weight three ply (I plan to chain ply).
- An exciting piece of life admin; I’ve set up Skype on my laptop so that I can video call with The Boyfriend without having to worry about propping up my phone. This is great news, even if only in my head. Funnily enough, that’s the whole point of this list so it counts.
Tomorrow will be an equally good (or, perhaps even better?) day. Onwards!
I spent a large part of today curled up on the couch daydreaming. Daydreaming about the ‘what could be’. Not the ‘what ifs’ of replaying past events with different endings. This was all forward thinking. Embracing possibility.
So bring on today’s 3:
- My future is uncertain and that is exciting. It’s not scary. It’s not ‘too hard’. There’s a lot in life that’s not within my control, but my attitude and the things I try to do are. That’s what I’m looking forward to.
- I made a mean lasagne today. It wasn’t much of a looker but damn it tasted sooooo good.
- Caught up on Outlander today. Love that show. I haven’t read past the first book, though – I should really get on to that.
Whoops, so I missed a day… oh well.
This weekend has been great so far and there’s still another day left. I want to make the most of my weekend so, rather than spend the rest of the night in front of my computer, I’m going to keep this short. Today’s top 3 are:
- Got to hang take a friend out for her birthday brunch and then cocktails today – it was a good morning; good food, great company.
- I made some delicious butternut and cauliflower soup. It’s almost entirely from vegetables that I picked up at the market this morning. The only exceptions; cracked pepper and vegetable stock. It’s really tasty and fresh. Probably my best yet.
- Oreo chocolate. This stuff is delicious.
Yay! Friday! And we have three days off in a row. I’m really looking forward to it.
I stumbled this picture on our intranet at work today and thought it would be a good one to share. I read it and identified with a lot of the traits, and spotted a couple I’m already trying work on.
What about you? Which traits do you really identify with? Or, really don’t identify with…?
A week and a half on from The Really Sucky Day, I think I’m coping well. Mentally strong. The lead up to the day was an emotional rollercoaster – the kind that makes you just want to vomit all over the ride attendant in protest. Being left behind had some finality to it. He was not going to change his mind. Hurtful or not, it was happening and I just had to get over it. Move on (see the first point in the picture? There was a point!)
So, I’m taking control of myself and embracing change. I know I won’t be happy all the time (because I’m human), but I’m going to keep up my 3 positive observations every day and stay optimistic.
Part of that optimism is working on my career, my business, and my own personal health. There’s more to me than my relationships and it’s important to remind myself of this often. I find it really empowering to think that way.
I am empowered.
And on that note… today’s top 3 positives:
- Finding the above picture today gave me a nice mental boost in the afternoon – I have the ability to be a mentally strong person… I’m a large part of the way there, now I have to work on my consistency. I can do that.
- More dyeing! More colour! I can’t wait to share photos of all the beautiful colours… just waiting for them to dry at this stage.
- The sleeves on the Professor Cardigan I’m knitting are finally done. Not a fan of knitting sleeves, but the cardigan is looking very cute with the key structural elements now complete. Only the shawl collar left to knit before I can do the finishing work. Should have a FO this weekend, all going well…